Mobile Website

Author Topic: Camping on Winnebago  (Read 2446 times)

Offline thekrnel

• View Profile
Camping on Winnebago
« on: August 15, 2011, 08:44:09 AM »
looking for some places to camp on Winnebago, Lake Butte Des Morts or Lake Winneconne. Doesn't have to be a camp ground. Myself and 2 friends are taking a boating long weekend. We want to wander and camp the last weekend in August. Any suggestions?

Offline WiParty Brian

• Administrator
  • Squatch
    • View Profile
    • Wiparty.com - A boating and entertainment site
Re: Camping on Winnebago
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 05:53:50 PM »
I would look at High Cliff State Park and Calumet County State Park on Lake Winnebago. Blue Top Resorts, Hahn a lula, Red Banks & Gala Resorts in Fremont.

Are we having fun yet?

Offline Clutchguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 06:03:51 PM »
We camped at Hana Lu La just south of Fremont a couple weeks ago.  The campground was nice and you can leave your boat right in the water as they have about 7 or 8 docks which are first come, first serve. 

The area is nice as you're about equidistant from Partridge Lake and Lake Poygan.

Good luck!!

Offline thekrnel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 12:19:13 PM »
Thanks for the feedback! I also found Kalbus County Harbor. I thinks we're going to stay there and venture up through Oshkosh. I am a little worried about going through Lake Butte des Morts. I have heard its very shallow. I guess i will find out when I get there.

thanks again.

Offline WiParty Brian

• Administrator
  • Squatch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 05:36:32 PM »
Let us know what you think of Kalbus County Harbor.  Yes Butte Des Mortes is bad.  I have a line on the Map that might help.
If you zoom into the map on - http://wiparty.com/Boating/Lake%20Butte%20des%20Morts.shtml -  you will see a blue line that is a guide to run.

Hope to see you on the water.

Are we having fun yet?

Offline winngames

• View Profile
Lake Butte des Morts
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 09:31:20 PM »
Brian, in response to a post about camping on Lake Winnebago, someone said had concerns about boating on Butte des Morts. Your comment was that Butte des Morts was bad. Now I may not be a seasoned boater like you, but Since buying a second home on Butte des Morts 8 years ago, I have never had problems on Butte des Morts or any of the other waters on the Lake Winnebago system. Maybe I took the time to study the water ways and follow good boating skills. I think you are doing a disservice to the local businesses by discouraging new comers to not only to Butte des Morts, but also up the river to Winnconne and beyond. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Offline WiParty Brian

• Administrator
  • Squatch
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 08:03:14 PM »
Ohh - I am very sorry if it sounded that way.  I love going up to Winnconne and Fremont areas. There allot of things of great places to go and things to do.  I just meant you need to be very careful if its your first time going through this area.  It can be a very shallow and a lower unit nightmare if you go in the wrong areas.  I apologies if that is how my post was interpreted.   Thanks for your post!
Are we having fun yet?

wiparty.com

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 08:03:14 PM »
Mobile Website