Mobile Website

Author Topic: Eagle River  (Read 1909 times)

Offline head_dunce

• View Profile
    • Car Guy Garage
Eagle River
« on: November 28, 2009, 08:01:27 PM »
So I'm trying to plan a snowmobile trip for new years eve weekend up in Eagle River. Currently don't own a sled (eh, I look at them every year but have yet to pull the trigger) so I hope to rent one in Eagle River and try this all out...

Anyone have any suggestions on where to stay? I'd like a hot tub, etc... but I've never been up to Eagle River which is suppose to have some of the best sled trails in the world. Anyone have any suggestions? --- And if you're looking to do something for new years eve, please, the more the merrier!!!

Offline ---------

• View Profile
Re: Eagle River
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 10:20:16 PM »
When we go up for our fishing trips we stay at the Days Inn.  It's just across the street from the derby grounds, it's right on the trails and there is a really nice resturant right next door.

If you go to "The Frontier," tell Lexus (aka Machine,) you know me.  She'll take good care of you...lol.

Offline Common-Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 11:38:18 PM »

Brad
1992 2350 Chaparral SX
"Common-Bond"

Offline head_dunce

• View Profile
    • Car Guy Garage
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 02:11:55 AM »
Thanks, I'm takin my chick so I'm hoping for something she'll enjoy so we'll both be happy  ;) -- I've called a few places already, some are closed for the winter and others don't have a hot tub which is a requirement  ;D

That Northernaire looks nice, I'll call them next -- there's a bunch of stuff on http://www.snowmobileeagleriver.com

Offline A-Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 01:59:41 PM »
So I'm trying to plan a snowmobile trip for new years eve weekend up in Eagle River. Currently don't own a sled (eh, I look at them every year but have yet to pull the trigger) so I hope to rent one in Eagle River and try this all out...

Anyone have any suggestions on where to stay? I'd like a hot tub, etc... but I've never been up to Eagle River which is suppose to have some of the best sled trails in the world. Anyone have any suggestions? --- And if you're looking to do something for new years eve, please, the more the merrier!!!

Trackside in Eagle River rents sleds.  They usually have new sleds that are in good condition and reasonable prices for what you get. I know they are a big Skidoo dealer but they might rent other brands too.  There are a lot of smaller places that rent junk, so be careful.

I've only stayed in Eagle River once, and it was some dive motel that we found at 1:00am when we finally pulled into town.  St. Germain has a nice place on the far west side of town, I think it's called the Whitetail Lodge.  There are also some nice looking places in Minocqua, but I've never stayed at them.  All I need is a bed and a little heat....the rest of the time I'm out riding or at the bar.

A-Bob
The Dog House
1999 Wellcraft 3000 Martinique

Offline BryantGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 03:12:31 PM »
Try the Chanticleer Inn. Stayed there once along time ago, had a room with a hot tube in it, very nice place. It's on a lake has some nice views and a very nice resturant on site.
 Check it out  http://www.chanticleerinn.com/
2000 Bryant 232 7.4 mpi

Offline A-Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 06:08:37 PM »
Try the Chanticleer Inn. Stayed there once along time ago, had a room with a hot tube in it, very nice place. It's on a lake has some nice views and a very nice resturant on site.

Yeah, I've seen that place and it is pretty nice.  We were looking at staying there but never did.  Right on the sled trail.  I seem to recall the winter rates being rather expensive, but that was a few years ago.

A-Bob
The Dog House
1999 Wellcraft 3000 Martinique

Offline ---------

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 06:14:27 PM »

I've had Dinner there.  We had a bit of a bad experience because there was a 50 person party that got there right before us, but the food was good.  Classic old school supper club style.

wiparty.com

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 06:14:27 PM »
Mobile Website