Author Topic: Whitecap Mountain Ski trip  (Read 3059 times)

Offline Aug_E_Dogg

• Any time on the boat is time well spent...
    • View Profile
    • The Doggpound
Whitecap Mountain Ski trip
« on: October 25, 2008, 11:36:34 PM »
I have talked with a few people on here offline about going on a trip late December over New Years to Whitecap Mountain and an interest has been expressed.  Was wondering how many people would be interested in going.  Departure would be early morning on the 29th ( around 4:30ish A.M.) so that we could hit the hill by 10 AM.  Stay would be 3 nights (29, 30, 31) and return on the 1st of January. Not real sure on availability of rooms or condos at this point.  However, if we get enough people to go, we can start looking into pricing and setting up when people need to have money in by.  Or we could have people group up and decide who they want to stay with and let each group be responsible for their reservations.  Lift tickets would be purchased at the hill and would be a cost of $95 per person for the 3 days.  I would like to make reservations soon so that we can make sure we have accomodations for all who want to go and explore all our options.  If interested, post it here.  I would like to start making plans within the next week or two.

Addition:  For those that just want to share a room..the Standard room is $105 a night which is in the Whitecap Mountains Lodge.  These rooms are basic rooms, but the pricing goes up from there.  Jess and I stayed in one last year on the second floor, and booked this room only a few weeks before we went.  The earlier we book, obviously the better choice and availability of rooms we will have.  Ski in/out and fast access to one of the main lifts as well as the main lodge area make it a good bang for the buck if you are on a budget.  These rooms will sleep 4 people.  Here is the link for pricing and room types:  http://www.skyegolf.net/catalogue/wlodge.htm

« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 08:24:53 PM by Aug_E_Dogg »

Jeff & Jess
1988 Wellcraft 265 Antigua w/ Merc. 350 Mag - Alpha 1
"Slow Dance"
Oshkosh, WI

Offline ---------

• View Profile
Re: Whitecap Mountain Ski trip
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 05:51:21 PM »
Kerri and I are still working out the detail on her work schedule...but you know we're in if it works for us.

There is a ski club meeting on Wed, I'll bring it up then also.

Offline Common-Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 06:17:39 PM »
Since I can't afford plane tickets to Cancun for that week I think I might join ya... I'll be batchin it for them days... It's all gooooood though cuz Hurley is a Grrrrreat town...   LOL

Brad
1992 2350 Chaparral SX
"Common-Bond"

Offline Aug_E_Dogg

• View Profile
    • The Doggpound
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 08:08:17 PM »
Since I can't afford plane tickets to Cancun for that week I think I might join ya... I'll be batchin it for them days... It's all gooooood though cuz Hurley is a Grrrrreat town...   LOL

U Pervert...I know what yer thinkin...LOL

Maybe you can talk Russ into being your date for the trip  :o
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 08:55:11 PM by Aug_E_Dogg »

Jeff & Jess
"Slow Dance"
Oshkosh, WI

Offline Aug_E_Dogg

• View Profile
    • The Doggpound
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 08:12:49 PM »
Kerri and I are still working out the detail on her work schedule...but you know we're in if it works for us.

There is a ski club meeting on Wed, I'll bring it up then also.

When and where is the meeting again???  I forget..I checked the site and it says the next one is November 5th.  Get a hold of me and I will see if I can maybe squeeze it in...this week is gonna be a busy one.

Jeff & Jess
"Slow Dance"
Oshkosh, WI

Offline Aug_E_Dogg

• View Profile
    • The Doggpound
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 10:15:28 PM »
Cmon people...no other takers on the ski trip???  There has to be more than 3 of us here that wanna go......

Jeff & Jess
"Slow Dance"
Oshkosh, WI

Offline ---------

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 11:00:14 PM »
I'm pretty sure we can talk Dez into coming also.  She's in for any skiing / snowboarding she can get to this winter.

Shes single, so Brad can try and swoon her, although I think she'll end up owning him....lol.

Offline Aug_E_Dogg

• View Profile
    • The Doggpound
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 05:44:51 PM »
Ok guys,  Looks like it's Jess & I, Brad, Corey & Kerri.  Gents...let's get together and figure what we want to do for rooms.  Jess and I really enjoyed staying in the main lodge last year...it wasn't fancy, but nice enough...besides...I'm goin there for one thing, and thats skiing!  LOL!  Lets try and get this nailed down this week.  Corey and I have discussed the rooms somewhat, but we should get something reserved soon.

Jeff & Jess
"Slow Dance"
Oshkosh, WI

wiparty.com

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 05:44:51 PM »
Mobile Website