Mobile Website

Author Topic: The Rail - Oshkosh  (Read 5505 times)

Offline Type-A

• View Profile
The Rail - Oshkosh
« on: November 30, 2005, 01:14:31 PM »
What's this bar like now-adays?  The last time I had heard it was some line dancing country type of bar?!?!?!  The reason being is JOHNNY WAD will be there this Friday night and was wondering what I might walk into.   :P
Russ & Tracy Handy
Oshkosh, WI

2005 Mercury 270 Sport w/a Merc 4hp
2005 Cruisers Yachts 300 Express
     TYPE-A

Offline Type-A

• View Profile
Re: The Rail - Oshkosh
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 08:16:50 AM »
Well the THE RAIL still sucks!  Johnny Wad was good although it was advertised that they started at 9pm and didn't start til 10pm.  The Rail is quite the dive compared to how it used to be a LONG time ago.  (note to self:  Don't go there again)
Russ & Tracy Handy
Oshkosh, WI

2005 Mercury 270 Sport w/a Merc 4hp
2005 Cruisers Yachts 300 Express
     TYPE-A

Offline Belexes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 04:18:41 PM »
Very much a dive and a rather unique place to see a local band. I saw a guy smoking crack in the men's bathroom not too long ago, so apparently you can score drugs there.

Offline BoozeCrewz

• Live...Love...Laugh
    • View Profile
    • Love of Lighthouses
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 02:03:25 PM »
 ;D I used to love the rail, it is much easier to catch women when they are stuck to the floor ;D
Mark and Joan
98 Larson 290 Cabrio
Bigger Boat

Offline Belexes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 08:59:24 AM »
I heard they are no longer booking bands, at least for the time being? :'(

Offline rink

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 07:13:46 PM »
It's a pretty dumpy place last time I went in.  Picture every snaggle toothed half-drunk horny guy handing out lines like they were candy, and every skanky trashy "country USA" type of girl and you'll get the general vibe.  I went in with a few friends one time and the later it gets you start getting "the wall of men."
It's a bunch of guys half in the bag lined up along the route to the ladies room scoping out the women. 

The place is roomy enough as a structure, but it's pretty much everything trashy about Wisconsin "bow-honks" as far as clientel.

Offline Sea: Drive

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 07:09:54 PM »
It's a pretty dumpy place last time I went in.  Picture every snaggle toothed half-drunk horny guy handing out lines like they were candy, and every skanky trashy "country USA" type of girl and you'll get the general vibe.  I went in with a few friends one time and the later it gets you start getting "the wall of men."
It's a bunch of guys half in the bag lined up along the route to the ladies room scoping out the women. 

The place is roomy enough as a structure, but it's pretty much everything trashy about Wisconsin "bow-honks" as far as clientel.

Damn, and I just cut off my mullet and got rid of my "wife beater" t-shirts.... UGH.  Cross this off my list of places to go....
John & Julie
Madison, WI
1995 Crownline 250CR

Offline super D

• no boat...yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 02:04:57 PM »
you'd definately save yourself a few brain cells by staying far away from the rail
work hard, ride hard, party hard!!!

wiparty.com

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 02:04:57 PM »
Mobile Website